Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Rak Thai @ The Gardens, Mid Valley City, Kuala Lumpur


I have been wanting to blog about this restaurant since this is my third visit. It's name Rak Thai literally translated as “Love Thai”.

Took this opportunity to guide my little brother Joshua to drive to Mid Valley City for his future entertainment when I'm at Singapore for my next stop of career soon soon. Pitifully, I do apologize for the slightly poor quality of the photos for this blog post compare to the other posts I did. I am down with Heavy Cold & Flu since i woke up this morning, grab our baby 500D and headed down to Mid Valley City. Upon reaching, I only realize that there no card in the camera! So, I had to use my iPhone4 camera.

Starting off with Pandan Chicken, which was served giving the feel of it being very extremely oily. However, the chicken wrapped in the pandan leave was nicely favored with acceptable oiliness. Dip it with the Semi-Spicy Chilli Sauce that comes with it makes it a very delightful experience of Thai-ness. MYR15.90



I re-ordered Mango Chicken Chop Rice, as me as a Mango lover this dish amaze me in every way. The thick grave sauce with generous portion of mango mixed with it as non-spicy grave for the nicely fried Crispy Chicken Chop blends well. MYR15.90


Next, we tried Pineapple Fried Rice, the rice was 5star rating to me due to texture of it, along with the fresh prawns, crab cake, crispy carrot, etc. Not forgetting the appropriate garnishing of lemon-grass with fried onion gives a twist to the difference of it compare to Chinese-Style Pineapple Fried Rice when mixed together before consuming. MYR12.90


Lastly, the awaiting to share the STAR dessert that was introduced by my friend Lam upon my last visit here. Tub Tim Krob is a famous Thai dessert. Too bad I'm sick that i can't have this this time around. It is served with strips of jack fruit, shaved ice and coconut milk. The other dark pink jelly served are made out of water chestnut coated with tapioca, with the feeling of chewy and crunchiness which is the special ingredient that makes this dessert so special. It's freshing dessert to choose, reasonable price too compare to the other stall nearby selling normal local delicacy. MYR4.90


The stall not only serve food. They also sell some Thai condiments that you can buy home to cook yourself. ^_^


Rak Thai
LG 232 A, The Gardens,
Mid Valley City,
Lingkaran Syed Putra,
59200 Kuala Lumpur.

1 comment:

  1. this is one of those outlets at the gardens that i keep walking by and promising myself that i'll eat here someday. the pineapple fried rice looks like a really good bargain for that price, but i gotta confess: i've probably been sidestepping this place cos it doesn't seem to serve booze =)

    ReplyDelete